Saturday, September 29, 2007

My longest dry spell ever.

As you can see it has been quiet a while since I have posted here and it has been even longer since I have gone into my studio to do something creative. I am stuck in a funky rut and I am dying to get out of it! First the excuse was that it was too hot in the summer and it was too uncomfortable in there to do anything. Then it was that I am too tired after hanging out with my kids all day and I just wanted to veg in the evening. The summer puts me into some kind of depression because of the sweltering and the chaos of the kids not having a set schedule and that just makes it all worse.

Usually to get the ideas swirling around in my head I just buy more supplies but because of lack of sales I have forbid myself from buying anything else until sales pick up. I have a plethora of supplies and material and buying more is just not going to be productive.

I plan to change all of this this weekend. I am on a mission to change my shop. I plan on posting a new product, or at least relist at least 5 times a day 3 to 5 days a week. I bought a shiny new banner for both of my shops that I really love. Thank you pixlecafe
My shiny new banner-1

My shiny new banner-2

The first step I am going to take in my studio is to clean and organize it and reacquaint myself with my creative potential.

Wish me luck!

5 comments:

Sandra Eileen said...

Nice new banners :)

Unknown said...

Oh, I feel your pain!

I don't have 3 kiddies to run after, but I'm really not at my best if the temperature rises above 75 degrees. It's so hard to feel imaginative and motivated when I'm sweaty and uncomfortable. And it's still really hot here - though I have started to organize my studio/kitchen in preparation for the first break in the heat.

I have a ton of supplies and ideas just waiting for me to get my act together!

Best of luck!

Cora said...

Love your new banners!
Good luck breaking out of your rut :)

w said...

good luck with your new product changes. and great banners!

Catherine Marche said...

ah, the dry spells.
new banners are nice :)